[MPlayer-dev-eng] codecs.conf parsing crash

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Dec 18 20:40:14 CET 2001

Hi,

> 	Uh, no, I'm talking more along the lines of "Segmentation Fault"
> whenever the parser sees something it doesn't recognize. Try putting this
> in your codecs.conf file and see what MPlayer does:
>
> videocodec random
>   info "Random Codec"
>   status buggy
>   fourcc RNDM
>   driver random
>   out BGR32
>
> I think it would be better if the parser would inform the user of an
> error, ignore the weirdness in the conf file, and then keep on parsing.

it's really strange, as the parser actually prinst evry informative syntax
error messages. at least i never had any segfault caused by bad codecs.conf

MPlayer CVS-011217-17:52-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU vendor name: GenuineIntel  max cpuid level: 2
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Type: 6, Stepping:
6)
Testing OS support for SSE... yes.
Testing OS support for SSE unmasked exceptions... yes.
Tests of OS support for SSE passed.
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: parse error at line 7
Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
(copy/ln etc/codecs.conf (from MPlayer source tree) to
~/.mplayer/codecs.conf)
Terminated

hmm. not perfect, it says no file or dir, but teh above line says it's a
syntax error at line 7. i can't see any segfault here.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu