[MPlayer-dev-eng] codecs.conf parsing crash

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 18 16:16:38 CET 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> crashes ???
> details ?
> or do you mean the 'exit with syntax error message' as crash, just like that
> nice guy at linuxworld ?

	Uh, no, I'm talking more along the lines of "Segmentation Fault"
whenever the parser sees something it doesn't recognize. Try putting this
in your codecs.conf file and see what MPlayer does:

videocodec random
  info "Random Codec"
  status buggy
  fourcc RNDM
  driver random
  out BGR32

I think it would be better if the parser would inform the user of an
error, ignore the weirdness in the conf file, and then keep on parsing.

	Thanks...
	-Mike Melanson