[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 09:50:32 CET 2001

On Monday 17 December 2001 01:12 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,

> maybe this is the prob?
>
> > It's working for me. Maybe the commit I made this week end fixed it.
> > Can you try with today version of CVS and let me know if it's still
> > broken for you.
>
> i've tried of course with latest cvs, at time when i posted this mail
> today. (i always keep my cvs uptodate...)
>
> > Yes, there are 2 connections made. The first connection is to attempt to
> > detect what kind of streaming to use, this response to this request will
> > content the mime-type. Depending on this another connection is made
> > using the appropriate protocol. In the case of progressive streaming
> > (from an HTTP server) the same request is made and kept open.
>
> ehh
>
> > Sure an optimization on this can be done. But for now I want
>
> yes
> keep it open if not special streaming like mms.

Yes, I will do that. In fact the progressive streaming was
kind of a proof of concept for my network/http layer.
I was more interested in the ASF HTTP streaming.
I will try to do it before xmas :p
Damn xmas is already in less than a week. I will see if I can do
it while I'm flying back to France this week end.

> > make everything working to turn the streaming ON by default so
> > everybody can enjoy this long time waiting feature :)
>
> will be nice xmas gift :)

Hehe, do you plan to have a new release for xmas?

Bertrand