[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming : patch not fully commited in cvs

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 20:47:43 CET 2001

On Monday 17 December 2001 10:49 am, you wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:45:15 -0800
>
> Bertrand Baudet <bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > 	I there will be a little more here. Because when the content type is
> > > not revelant we must find if we have an asf or an asx. So we must first
> > > try with one of the to parser and if it fail keep the data and pass it
> > > to the other.
> >
> > I don't quite understand. The asx is handled in another function that
> > will parse the asx and return the URL to reconnect to. This is already
> > handle by looking at the mime-type.
> > The  asx parser should go in the asf_http_ASX_redirect() function. And
> > nothing else should be changed.
>
> Wath I was trying to explain is that some time the http server return merly
> a plain-text mime-type and in this case we must find if it's an asx or an
> asf ourself.

For what I have seen, the text/plain mime-type is return for progressive
streaming -ie- raw ASF sent without encapsulation. For an ASX, one
of the following mime-type is sent:
audio/x-ms-wax
audio/x-ms-wma
video/x-ms-asf
video/x-ms-afs
video/x-ms-wvx
video/x-ms-wmv
video/x-ms-wma
That the way I handle it. I don't think we need to worry about
this for now unless too many bug reports are about this.
I just wish that not too many web servers out there are not
badly configured :(

Bertrand