[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Dec 17 19:45:02 CET 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:05:40 +0200 (CEST)
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> almost done ?
> it means it's usable? i'm currently working on -loop and precache stuff...
	I can say yes, there is just one issue with the prercorded stream. They don't end, it's freezze
	on the last frame but it's minor and will soon be fixed. Another is that on my old box (K6-2 333)
	some live stream play strangly but giving a fixed fps solve this perfectly (Ex : BBC World in 300Kb
	mms://216.106.173.141/v2/onair/BBC/BBCworld_300k.asf play fine with -fps 30 but without it's
	unwatchable). I don't think this issue is related to the streaming.

 I have also a question, the asx files can be some sort of playlist. First we will use only the first entry
and ignore the others. But after there must be a way to pass all the entry to the file list.
Perhaps that putting the asx parser in libmpdemux isn't a so good idea (OK first it must be done ;·))
to achive this. Any proposition would be apreciated here.
	Albeu