[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming : patch not fully commited in cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 17 15:56:48 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > what's that?
> >
> > QuickTime streaming. They use RTSP/RTP.
>
> And Real Player uses it also.
>
> There was somewhere on the net a text based real player which only used the
> binary only codecs
false. it used everything from realplayer, except the GUI.
it used audio out, network stuff, demuxers seeking etc.

> - the rest was open source stuff - maybe you can find it
> and use it...

We know it and we can't use it.

Btw, if you're good in C++, you may tri it.
realmedia sdk is downlaodable, and has lot's of c++ header files.
we couldn't even understand how does it work, and if it's possible to use
only the codecs, or they are mixed too deeply and can be used only together.
And, as we aren;t good in C++, we gave it up.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu