[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming : patch not fully commited in cvs

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 02:56:30 CET 2001

On Sunday 16 December 2001 04:05 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Sunday 16 December 2001 02:11 pm, you wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > I'm still working on the MMS stuff here. The MMS protocol isn't as cut
> > > and dry in reality.
> >
> > Do your best. The asf http streaming is almost done, so we have at least
> > this support in mplayer.
>
> almost done ?
> it means it's usable? i'm currently working on -loop and precache stuff...

Yes, it's usable, thanks to Albeu who help me.
We just need the prebuffer stuff and it can be enable by default. :))
In the ASF header, they're is an preroll field that contains the amount
of time to bufferize before starting playing.
To handle that I need to keep track of the timestamp of the first packet and
bufferize until I receive a packet's timestamp that will  make the difference
with the first packet greater than the preroll. That requires some trick
in the asf demuxer. But for beginning we can hard code the value.

The ASX is not handle yet, but that's not a big deal.

> > After the http streaming is done, I want to add RTSP support.
>
> what's that?

QuickTime streaming. They use RTSP/RTP.

> > If I have some time I will have a look at the mmst/mmsu support
> > but I rather have one working support than 2 broken!
> >
> :)

Bertrand