[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASF Streaming : patch not fully commited in cvs

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 02:45:15 CET 2001

On Sunday 16 December 2001 04:48 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:37:00 -0800
>
> Bertrand Baudet <bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > It's fixed now I applied your patch.
> > BTW I removed the functions prototypes from asf.h, as
> > you said they are just required in asf_streaming.c.
>
> 	Thank you

Your welcome :)

> > I modified the asf_streaming_parse_header function to handle
> > ASF header that are comming in several network chunk. It's
> > not done yet, but it should still work with ASF header in one
> > network chunk.
>
> 	I there will be a little more here. Because when the content type is not
> revelant we must find if we have an asf or an asx. So we must first try
> with one of the to parser and if it fail keep the data and pass it to the
> other.

I don't quite understand. The asx is handled in another function that will
parse the asx and return the URL to reconnect to. This is already handle by
looking at the mime-type.
The  asx parser should go in the asf_http_ASX_redirect() function. And
nothing else should be changed.

> > Can you tell me on what you want work on the asf streaming,
> > that will avoid us to both work on the same thing.
>
> 	I've start with the asx parser, but currently about nothing is done.

Cool, ok, no problem. The ASX is in fact an XML, but I think an XML parser
will be too big for our need. For what I have seen we need to retreive the
href attribute that contains the url.

> > I will on work on fixing the multiple chunk ASF header.
>
> 	Thank you for this one. I don't have think to it nor even seen appen.
> Alredy done no ?

I have a stream with a long long content description, that makes split the
ASF header in 2 network chunk.
I just fix the last bug, and now it's working well :).

> > - fixe the OSD time that the asf streaming report wrong.
>
> 	I don't know if it's really wrong, I think it report for how long time
> this stream is running. But this must be be fixed for the newbies ;·)

I don't know for this one, I will have a look later, it's not really a bug
that avoid us to watch the stream ;)

Bertrand