[MPlayer-dev-eng] [offtopic]: xmpeg & Linux porting?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 16 19:48:52 CET 2001

Hi,

> Does it do:
>
> 1. YUV->YUV (or YUV-YV12) directly without converting to RGB mode?
or course. why, what did you think???

> 2. does it let me select the movie itself or do I need to feed it VOB by VOB?
select dvd title to encode.

> 3. How can I tell it to what size to convert?
tell bitrate (RTFM)

> 4. Is subtitles support there on the cvs version now? or the subtitles
> support there is only good for playback?
playback only

> 5. How fast is it compared to XMPEG?
dunno. never tried xmpeg, and never will, nor port it as our stuff can do
these things too.

btw speed is not everything. i prefer quality over encoding speed...

but if you need speed, set quality of divx4 and lame to lowest ad will get
realtime even on celeron300...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu