[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fixed Video-1 and FLI (again)

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Dec 16 02:15:53 CET 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > The only outstanding issue on the FLI decoder is that it doesn't
> > implement seeking, which would only be useful if MPlayer had looping
> > implemented.
>
> it's on my todo already.
> can you set the keyframe flag? seeking to intra frames results very funny
> images... or fli doesn't have such frames?

	That's the other reason I feel that FLI seeking is a moot
point: FLI files essentially have 1 key frame (the first one) and every
succeeding frame is a diff from the previous one. That's how it is for
most of them, as far as I know. Most FLI files are so short, and meant to
be looped anyway, that seeking several seconds forward or backward is also
pretty pointless.

--
	-Mike Melanson