[MPlayer-dev-eng] MMS Streaming update

Derek J Witt djw at flinthills.com
Sat Dec 15 10:35:05 CET 2001

Well, I am at an empass. I am having the most difficult time trying to
read the chunk data in.  I have tried to move the body request code from
asf_mmst_streaming_start to asf_mmst_streaming_read.  I have tried to put
the request at the start of *_read.   The server seems to accept the
request, because I do get the body-sent command back from the server. But
this time, I get a segfault in demux_asf.c as per gdb.

0x080a0e37 in demux_asf_fill_buffer (demux=0x81fbcc8) at demux_asf.c:154
154         if(asf_packet[0]==0x82){

I know the problem is in mmst.c. I am trying to find out how to get the
chunk to actually read in.  I may need to simply use the read() function.
I have included the mmst.c and mmst.h files as I have them right now. I am
tired. But if anyone has time to look at this and perhaps give me pointers
on which route to take with this, I would be grateful. Thanks.

**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *
*   Home Page: http://www.flinthills.com/~djw/                 *
*** "...and on the eighth day, God met Bill Gates." - Unknown **