[MPlayer-dev-eng] MMS support in mplayer begun

Derek J Witt djw at flinthills.com
Tue Dec 11 07:18:09 CET 2001

Bertrand Baudet wrote:

> On Monday 10 December 2001 04:30 pm, you wrote:
> > Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > > No, no. The network related include files need to stay in the network
> > > files, just reinclude what you need in you c file.
> > > See Arpi's previous post on the changes I made on the network include
> > > files....
> > >
> > > Please, create new files for mmst and instead of putting all the enum you
> > > created inside asf.h
> > > Please read you patch before sending them, this one touch asfheader.c by
> > > only adding 2 empty lines. And it also removed some lines in tvi_dummy.c.
> > > You don't need to touch those files, so please make cleaner patches.
> > > Maybe the simplier solution for you is to create separate files for your
> > > needs and only touch the current file if really needed.
> >
> > Ok, will do. I am having the most trouble with generating the patches.
> > I will try the diff command again. (would be nice if the cvs rdiff
> > command was working; oh well) I will update the tree again and will put
> > in the mmst.h file this time. I have created a local directory on my own
> > system with the changed files.
>
> I just commited few changes into asf_streaming.c for you.
> In the asf_streaming_start(), just uncomment the line:
> fd = asf_mmst_streaming_start( stream );
> so you stuff can be called. I didn't toke you implementation,
> because it wasn't trying the other protocols if the first one failed.
>
> You shouldn't need to change the current files for now, I tried in a way
> that by just adding your file and changing the makefile, it should work.
> This will avoid to have some conflict on the changes I doing and the
> changes you are doing.
> So just send me the files (no diff for you ;) ) so I can try them.
> And if you need to have other changes send me a patch and a quick
> explaination of it, and I will see what I can do for you.
>
> Let me know if this help you or not.
>
> Bertrand

Hehe, thanks. It does help. I have moved my functions to mmst.c and the
function prototypes to mmst.h.
I got the asf_mmst_streaming() function written.  I only have it send
out the initial  connection request after opening a port to the server.
I'm still studying the asf_http_streaming_read() to see how the chunks
get read in and how they get sent to the demux.

I am thinking of letting asf_mmst_streaming_read handle the different
server commands received (including receiving the MMS header and the ASF
header).

It seems that the server sometimes doesn't send out the headers out (at
least from what I'm gathering from the asfrecorder source).  I will just
setup a switch statement and let it process different commands as they
come in.
--
**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *