[MPlayer-dev-eng] MMS support in mplayer begun

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 03:16:32 CET 2001

On Saturday 08 December 2001 02:54 am, you wrote:
> Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > On Friday 07 December 2001 12:44 pm, you wrote:
> > > Ok, That does make sense.  I have wiped out my changes and redownloaded
> > > the cvs tree.  I will modify asf_streaming_start function accordingly
> > > below.   I can make an enumerated type for mmsu, mmst, and then http in
> > > that order to make a switch statement work.  I don't know enough about
> > > UDP to do anything worthwhile there.  So, I will just make a stub for
> > > UDP for the time being, or simply return -1.
> >
> > Ok, do you want to it, or do you want me to do it, so you can grab
> > it from CVS. In this way you will not have to patch mplayer. Then just
> > send me your new files and I will have a look and test them.
>
> I've had a quite a few distractions in the last few days. I may not be
> able to email any new files next week (jobhunting; just lost my job).
> This weekend is pretty much shot. I am probably going to stay away from
> the computer to help myself relax. I will keep try to do something on my
> end. I've almost managed to parse the server version number. I'm trying
> to get used to multibyte characters. (such as the version number).  I
> will send new files as they're done.

Ok, no problem. I'm also busy.

> > I don't quite understand. Do you mean that depending on the player
> > version number, the wms will return a list of codec to download if no
> > present localy, right?
>
> Yeah, I found out that using NSPlayer/6.4.0.1112 for the player version,
> pretty much all streams should work fine.
>

> I have included what I've done, thus far. This time, i didn't touch
> asf_http_streaming_start(). In order to return the local hostname and
> port, I had to include the standard networking headers in
> asf_streaming.c. I think I should place those #include lines in asf.h
> instead.

No, no. The network related include files need to stay in the network files,
just reinclude what you need in you c file.
See Arpi's previous post on the changes I made on the network include
files....

Please, create new files for mmst and instead of putting all the enum you
created inside asf.h
Please read you patch before sending them, this one touch asfheader.c by
only adding 2 empty lines. And it also removed some lines in tvi_dummy.c.
You don't need to touch those files, so please make cleaner patches.
Maybe the simplier solution for you is to create separate files for your needs
and only touch the current file if really needed.

Bertrand