[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder crop?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 6 21:25:45 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hi
>
> On Thursday 06 December 2001 21:04, Szabolcs Berecz wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to implement cropping in mencoder?
> iam trying that currently :)

the only way to implement it at clean way:

decode full image to Wi*Hi size (i=input).
copy/resize the Wc*Hc (c=crop) area to a new Wo*Ho (o=out) buffer and
call the encoder codec with this buffer. additional colorspace conversion
can be done at this copy/scale step.

if you want, i can implement it in a few minutes.

btw we should allow enlarging image without scaling too.
i mean adding black borders/bands over the image.
maybe usefull for something :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu