[MPlayer-dev-eng] MMS support in mplayer begun

Derek J Witt djw at flinthills.com
Thu Dec 6 20:17:49 CET 2001

This section of code is only for MMS tcp support. As Bertrand has said,
he is working on pre-buffering code.

I do know how that currently the ASX parser  is not finished yet.

Hetz Ben-Hamo wrote:

> Small question:
>
> what is the format to use it on mplayer?
>
> will, for example the following command work?
> mplayer -vo xv http://entertainment.msn.com/hs/ted.112901_300.asx
>
> Also, is there some buffering support? if so, what is the parameter for that?
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz Ben Hamo
> hetz at kde.org
>
> On Thursday 06 December 2001 11:21 am, you wrote:
> > Hi, all. I have started on MMS support in mplayer.  I have it at least
> > connecting to TCP MMS streams.  I have included the patch. For some
> > reason, if I try using "cvs rdiff 120601 main", I keep getting a whole
> > messful of parsed_root_directory errors. So,  I  was only able to run
> > "cvs diff -NR" to get a file. I had to edit the file to get a proper
> > patch file. But, it didn't include the new file I put in.
> >
> > So, I have included both the patch and the new file.  I do have my test
> > mms stream being connected.  I do send it the correct header. I have yet
> > to get it to start the actual data packets. But, it should not affect
> > anything else in mplayer. Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Thanks.

**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *
*   Home Page: http://www.flinthills.com/~djw/                 *
*** "...and on the eighth day, God met Bill Gates." - Unknown **