[MPlayer-dev-eng] Preferred Output Format?

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Dec 3 21:59:59 CET 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> btw, i would see fli and cram decoders fixed before adding more broken
> decoders to cvs...

	Yes sir, Mr. A'rpi...:) I'll see that those get fixed first.
Actually, that's part of why I was asking about the RGB output formats; I
might want to overhaul those two decoders so that they support the gamut
of RGB output formats natively.

	However, I need a good way to test it. I've never been good at
messing with x11. What's the best way to configure and switch between
varying x11 color modes?

	Also, I have the worst time remembering precise byte ordering,
e.g., RGBA or ARGB or BGRA or ABGR. If I can switch the modes on my own,
I'll be able to test properly.

	Finally, I also need to check that the decoders are big-endian
safe on my PPC. I think there might be some issues there.

	-Mike Melanson