[Mplayer-dev-eng] MAX_PACKS || MAX_PACK_BYTES too small (CVS Aug 28 2001)

Arne Driescher driescher at mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de
Tue Aug 28 23:15:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

got a small problem with audio playback of some
Divx:-) files. The files triggered the following lines
in demuxer.c
if(demux->audio->packs>=MAX_PACKS ||
demux->audio->bytes>=MAX_PACK_BYTES){

mp_msg(MSGT_DEMUXER,MSGL_ERR,MSGTR_TooManyAudioInBuffer,demux->audio->packs,demux->audio->bytes);
      mp_msg(MSGT_DEMUXER,MSGL_HINT,MSGTR_MaybeNI);
      break;
    }
    if(demux->video->packs>=MAX_PACKS ||
demux->video->bytes>=MAX_PACK_BYTES){

mp_msg(MSGT_DEMUXER,MSGL_ERR,MSGTR_TooManyVideoInBuffer,demux->video->packs,demux->video->bytes);
      mp_msg(MSGT_DEMUXER,MSGL_HINT,MSGTR_MaybeNI);
      break;

I got the problem fixed by setting
#define MAX_PACKS (4*4096)
#define MAX_PACK_BYTES (4*0x800000)
in demuxer.h

As far as I can see these values are only used to make the
while-loop exit after a sane number of iterations and are
not used elsewhere. If I am correct I suggest
to increase the default as given above.

-Arne

P.S. Otherwise, congratulations to mplayer! This _is_ really ass kicking
:-)