[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SIG11 on seek with unknown codec

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Aug 24 09:49:15 CEST 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> MPlayer crashes with sig11, when trying to seek in an avi with an unknown
> audio codec (Ogg/Vorbis in this case). It tells to use nosound after audio
> codec detection fails. If I playback with -nosound it works.

I notice also that, for me at least, current CVS segfaults if you try to
seek back before the beginning of the file, or, if you a playing a file
still being written to and attempt to seek when positioned in the file
past the length of the file as it was when you started mplayer.

I like to play a "being written" file to provide a TV pause facility.  IE:

  mp1e ....... >file.mpg & sleep 10; mplayer ..... file.mpg

These two things worked OK in the 010804 CVS version.

I was going to poke around for a fix today - but perhaps someone else will
beat me to it ;-)

By the way - the new DVD playback rocks.

Steve