[Mplayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: [Mplayer-users] Clipping again,

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 22 12:00:12 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 22. August 2001 11:30, Stephen Davies wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > I'd like to have some talkbacks with Steve Davies about the non-square
> > pixel and anamorphic stuff, to find adequate solutions for it.
> > Btw. some of the info for anamorphic dvd needs to be parsed from IFO
> > afaik, is this possible with libdvdread?
>
> I'm still here.  I have that old code but put it aside until libvo2 time.
>
> My itch has mostly gone as I've set my bt869 directly with a 720x576 mode.
>
> Still - I'm happy to help if I can.
I'd be happy with some background information about what aspect
considerations have to be done for non-square pixel video, to which
resolutions, video this applies and so on.
And if you have info on how anamorphic dvd is handled it would also be nice.

Btw. I've changed my mind to prefer upscaling of video in aspect stuff, cause
many XVideo drivers don't support downscaling.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
Ever tried? Ever failed? No Matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better.
	- Samuel Becket