[Mplayer-dev-eng] Seeking in new DVD stuff broken

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Aug 21 12:33:11 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:56:20AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> seeking in new DVDread stuff in mplayer is somewhat broken and timer also
> isn't ok, it seems to jump back to zerom on every chapterchange.
> And for seeking try seeking around with PGUP and PGDOWN, I had a case were on
> chapter change it seemed to jump randomly in the movie but not into the next
> chapter, when I didn't seek to that point and jumped to that chapter directly
> via commandline switch it played correctly into next chapter.

Yes, for me too ... However Arpi is quite cool guy to integrate this stuff into
mplayer :)

Now I'm thinking on making mplayer more useable with OSD. I mean, selecting
chapter in playtime with OSD keys and so on. IMHO we have a tons of keys
and they become more and more hard to remember ... Some OSD menu would be
great. Inmagine that we will change language, angle, chapter in the future,
and we have keys for setting volume, master/pcm, contrast, brightness, and
so on. So it begins to become overcomplicated to use OSD, and think about
usage of mplayer with LIRC: mplayer should be easy to use and have had to
controll all settings with remote controller too ...

I'm not in charge of knowing deeper mplayer internals but I would be interested
in some info about the status of the ability to change for example audio stream
in play time. Afaik Arpi said that it WILL be possible but I don't know the
exact current ability of this feature.

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!