[Mplayer-dev-eng] LARGEFILE vs LARGEFILE

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 20 16:49:20 CEST 2001

On Monday, 20. August 2001 15:12, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please someone tell me the difference in various largefile definitions
> (including compatibility issues).
>
> Just importing dvdread code into mplayer, but it uses off64_t many
> places. in their original code _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE was defined.
>
> in mplayer, with enabled largefile support, i got _LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 defined, but off64_t is UNDEFINED!
>
> so, what to do?
> - define off64_t manually?
> - define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE additionally to _LARGEFILE_SOURCE ?
> - replace _LARGEFILE_SOURCE with _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE ?
hmm it's a bit strange, you should take a look at features.h and unistd.h,
_LARGEFILE_SOURCE does not imply _LARGEFILE_SOURCE64 and vice versa, but
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 implies things set by both _L... anf _L...64.
IMHO you need only _FILE...=64 or _L... and _L...64. But as mplayersources
check for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE #define easiest thing would be to additionally
#define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE64.
But take a look at the system includes yourself there's some strage stuff
with __REDIRECT checking when using _FIL...=64 stuff.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
Ever tried? Ever failed? No Matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better.
	- Samuel Becket