[Mplayer-dev-eng] more on IFO

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 17 17:11:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

Thanks, great news! :)
I'm on integrating libdvdread into mplayer, but first I wanted to be
sure it works well with multiple titles/chapters/angles.

My next question: how portable is it? Authors said it's portable, but
I want to hear from *BSD, solaris (x86&sparc), alpha etc developers/users too.

> Here is what I have on a french musical dvd with some multiangle song and
> other not :
>
> $ ./title_info /dev/cdrom
> There are 8 titles.

>         Title has 20 chapters and 2 angles
>         Chapter   0 [PGC  1, PG  1] starts at Cell  0 [sector 0-28fc6]
>         Chapter   1 [PGC  1, PG  2] starts at Cell  1 [sector 28fc7-29781]
hmm. it is tricky, it simply skips few sectors sometimes (another angle?)

is the whole title multi-angle?
i mean every frame differs in 2 angle versions, or there are common parts?

can you show me this title dump with angle 1 and then angle 2 selected?
(i want to see the difference in sector map)

> Xvideo image format: 0x36315652 (RV16) packed
> Xvideo image format: 0x35315652 (RV15) packed
Is it Savage4?

> Having libdvdread support in mplayer should be great but I'm a ver
coming soon :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu