[Mplayer-dev-eng] vo_aa status

Folke Ashberg folke at ashberg.de
Thu Aug 16 17:53:13 CEST 2001

Hello World!

vo_aa seems now to be finished for the first time.

after adding full osd-support (including subtitles ^_^; !) and after some
philosophizing about the result i think that it's a very crazy thing.

Yesterday i've watched a whole movie with -vo aa (mga framebuffer 160x64
chars rocks !)  (therefore vo_aa disables console blanking now *g*) and
with every char i've saw being drawn to the screen i got more and more
satisfied.

Also i've added now vo_aa 1.0 to the header.
Except some bugs we'll find (or not) i think vo_aa is done now.
Or have anyone of you some suggestions?

Felix mailed me some docs i'll translate to german, and then?

A feature i'm personally interested in would be support of MicroDVD
.ini/.mvd files. I've produced some high quality comfort DivX;-) for MDVD
and one of the features i love most is the chapter support.
but i hate rebooting to Window$ just for watching a movie. i've tried
xmps (urgs, slow playing) and i've missed every time that feature
(especially for some musical dvd's i have).

 * chapter scanner is already on the ToDo list, is there anybody at work?

If not i could.

a structure containing
frameposition, chapter and name should a good rudiment, then the
PageUp/PageDown looks first for a chapterlist.
Then all modules can fill in their chapters if the have support (e.g.
libdvdread *g*)

Right way?

Target could be that you have to open only an ini (or ifo) file which
parses video file(s), audio file(s), subtile file(s), chapterlist and so
on...

regards
Folke

hehe, fortune produced just a real good sentence :)

--
Folke Ashberg
folke at ashberg.de
www.ashberg.de
The eMail could be boring but here is something more:
To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.