[Mplayer-dev-eng] IFO parsing

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Thu Aug 16 14:56:21 CEST 2001

>Hi,
>
>Just found, OGLE uses this:
>
>libdvdread
>==========
>
>libdvdread provides a simple foundation for reading DVD-Video images.
>It offers DVD applications:
>
>1. A simple abstraction for reading the files on a DVD image
>   (dvd_reader.h).
>2. A simple library for parsing the information (IFO) files
>   (ifo_read.h/ifo_types.h).
>3. A simple library for parsing the navigation (NAV) packets
>   (nav_read.h/nav_types.h).
>
>This allows application designers to access some of the more advanced
>features of the DVD format.

Doesn't sound bad! Good luck with it...

and when I buy a DVD drive next month for myself, I WANT a version of mplayer
with ISO parsing and menu support!!! No more excuses.

];->

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)

Gibraltargatan 86                  |     CTH, Matematiskt centrum
rum 637                            |     Eklandagatan 86, rum 2235
41279 Gothenburg                   |     41296 Gothenburg
SWEDEN                             |     SWEDEN
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se