[Mplayer-dev-eng] Hardware AC3 patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 15 13:38:29 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	I've attached a first version of the patch for you to evaluate,
> I would like to know if it is in the right direction. It still doesn't
> work correctly, I need to fully understand the new audio decoding scheme
> before fixing it, maybe you could fix the most obvious errors (the
> filling of the sh_audio struct).

Great! The patch is perfect!

Only 1 problem found, what should be fixed:
the sh_audio->o_bps field must be filled with output bitrate (bytes/sec).
it's normally done by dec_audio.c simply multiplying bits_per_sample,
channels and samplerate, but it isn't ok for hardware decompression.
and as this value is used for A-V sync, you get probelms with bad value!

i think something like this should be ok:
sh_audio->o_bps=sh_audio->i_bps+(ac3_frames_per_sec*extra_header_bytes)

if still not work, then there is a possible problem of audio card's timing.
i mean the sblive retuns bad value for buffer pointer :(

i'll commit this patch to cvs now.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu