[Mplayer-dev-eng] dvgrabbed dv movies

Taras taras.glek at home.com
Mon Aug 13 20:01:35 CEST 2001

Hello,
I use mplayer a lot and I love it. Would it be possible to use
libdv.sourceforge.net for playback of DV movies captured by dvgrab?
Currently I have to use kino to play those files until I convert them
and  I am sure that mplayer would be able to play those files more
efficiently if it ever adds support for libdv.

I have a DV camcoder and it would be really nice to be able to preview
movies before I convert them to something like divx.
If you need a sample movie to test with, just ask.

Thanks,
Taras