[Mplayer-dev-eng] -hardframedrop and -nodshow

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 13 13:10:01 CEST 2001

>Hi,
>
>> can you give a brief explanation about how -hardframedrop works
>> technically? I guess it skips decoding of frames. Fine.
>> But how does it keep "good" picture quality in compination with
>> -nodshow ?
>
>the VfW divx codec partially implements the "HURRY_UP" message, it
>means "decode only what is really necessary for next frame".
>so it doesn't really decodes, but update internal buffers to
>be able to decode next non-keyframe frame.

ahh.. fine, that's what I hoped for.

Almost finished asking:

Is there documentation about "HURRY_UP" on the web?
Is this comparable to OpenDivX's  decFrame.renderflag?
Would it be possible to implement in ffdivx (of course it would, I
mean, "without too much fuss about it")?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se