[Mplayer-dev-eng] Playing audio and video from different files.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 11 20:01:22 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	I don't know if it is possible right now, but after looking a bit
> through the code it seems that it isn't. What about being able to select
> video from one file and audio from another?, this way you could backup
> your DVDs with several soundtracks, 'ala' MicroDVD. I know that sync and
> that kind of things should be more difficult, but having this option would
> be really great.

Currently it isn't implemented, by I will do it soon.
(as I have hungarian dub for taxi2 in .mp3)

I had to make big demuxer changes and rewrite to make it possible
to use multiple files at the same time.

Btw, you can encode multiple audio channels to AVI files, up to 255.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu