[Mplayer-dev-eng] Wanted features!

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Fri Aug 10 05:21:19 CEST 2001

Hi!

I'm not subscribed to this list so please CC me when answering!

First I want to say thank you for MPlayer! It's fantastic!!

Now to the point: I'm creating a script that will check for moviefiles in a
directory (mpg mpeg avi asf wmv rm) and create a html-page with information
(resolution, length, size, sound, fps etc) and 3 snapshots (10%, 50% and
90%). So the features I want is:

* mplayer -info filename
Should dump all available information about the file.

Bad solution that I have to use right now: mplayer -ao null -vo null -fps
10000 -framedrop filename.avi

* an option to select what frames to be decoded (for use with -vo png).
for example: mplayer -vo png -frames 30,300,570
or: mplayer -vo png -frame 30  (repeat 3 times :-)
or the best (for me): mplayer -vo png -framep 10,50,90

Bad solution that I have to use right now: mplayer -vo png -z 8 filename
and then pick the images from 10,50 and 90 % and delete the rest. Wastes a
LOT of diskspace and CPU on big movies! :-(

If you know of another tool that can do this, please let me know!

Best regards
Per Wigren