[Mplayer-dev-eng] S/PDIF passthrough patch "nearly" finished... need a hint...

Peter Niemayer niemayer at isg.de
Mon Aug 6 11:57:30 CEST 2001

Hi,

as the open-source emu10k driver now supports AC3 passthrough for
the Soundblaster 5.1 as well (worked only on Soundblaster Live, before),
I could resume my little "S/PDIF passthrough support for mplayer" project.

Well, the passthrough works and my receiver correctly plays the AC3
sound... but there's one big problem left: While AC3 is playing, the
decoded video frames are not displayed... and some seconds after starting
the replay, mplayer stops with this error message:

if(demux->video->packs>=MAX_PACKS || demux->video->bytes>=MAX_PACK_BYTES){
   printf("\nDEMUXER: Too many (%d in %d bytes) video packets in the buffer!\n",demux->video->packs,demux->video->bytes);
   printf("(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or video codec failed)\n");
   break;
}

I don't know the mplayer code good enough yet to draw the right conclusions:
What exactly is going wrong here? Can you tell me how a change in the audio
output code may influence the player in a way that causes this error?
I didn't change anything video-related...

Regards,

Peter Niemayer