[Mplayer-dev-eng] Re: Dynamic Output Quality Patch, Take 2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 1 02:01:54 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Of course, immediately after I sent that, I noticed that decode_video()
> was called in two places, and so that patch will not initialize
> vdecode_time correctly. A new mplayer.c diff (still from the original
> 7/31 snapshot) is attached.
>
> 228c228,229
> < int divx_quality=0;
> ---
> > int divx_quality=-1;
> > int output_quality;

please send applyable patch (diff -Naur or so)

btw i don't like this patch. you shouldn't touch divx_quality,
use new option -autopp or -autoq, and new variable, for example
auto_quality. leave -pp for compatibility and manual setting.
(including pp values 0-63 and so)

other problem is that you use DS_SetValue_DivX(), but it won't
work without calling DS_SetAttr_DivX() first. but it's enough to
do once (per change), because it will write only to the registry.
i think you had it already set in your registry file, so it
worked for you without this call.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu