[Mplayer-dev-eng] ffmpeg/libavcodec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 1 00:03:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

Nick: can I remove libavcodec from mplayer CVS? does it still have
something interesting code, or all things are poretd to ffmpeg CVS?

What about ffmpeg support? I think it could be added for ffmpeg cvs version,
like:
#ifdef USE_FASTMEMCPY
#include "../libvo/fastmemcpy.h"
#endif

or so.

USE_FASTMEMCPY is already defined in mplayer's config.h

did you check divx4linux?
it's much faster, but i can't imagine how.
i think that DLL codecs are optimized enough, but it's 2 times faster
in some cases! also, ffmpeg codec is usually faster than DLL, so
maybe DLLs aren't so good as they said.

btw divx4 is still buggy, while ffmpeg plays everything.
and it's opensource, and portable, while divx4 is linux/windows only :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu