[Mplayer-dev-eng] Matrox dualhead and syncfb.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 30 00:27:54 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	Yes, mga_vid works, but only on first_head. I've set
>
> matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 2
> matroxset -f /dev/fb1 1
>
> then
>
> export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1
> mplayer -vo mga -dvd /dev/cdrom
>
> but it gets drawn on the first head, do I have to set any parameters to
> the mga_vid in order to make it work on the second head?

how many times must to repeat this...
mga_vid is the interface to the YUV overlay chip. it does nothing with
the framebuffer. it's a hardware thing, connected _after_ the DAC.
and it's routed to head1 by default. you must swap CRTCs with matroxset
to get it work on second head.

> 	Also syncfb main feature (syncrhonize with monitor freq) doesn't
> seem to be implemented on mga_vid.
it _is_. but not by using irqs, tarher using multiple buffers and
automatic hardware swapping syncronized to vretrace.

> 	I'm polishing the DVD support but, I've found some problems, I
> don't know if they are related to the demuxers routines because some
> chapters of the DVD won't play, it seems that they are not recognized as
> MPEG streams, but I have to check if it is my problem, maybe these
> chapters aren't decrypted correctly. Also LIRC improved support for DVD is
> already done.
we should continue this topic on mplayer-dev-eng.
all the developers are subscribet to -users, -devel and -dev-eng, but
only a few is here.

ehh just seen that you replied to -dev-eng. why don't you use mplayer-matrox
for matrox problems?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu