[MPlayer-cygwin] MultiByteToWideChar et al.

Ulf-Dietrich Braumann braumann at uni-leipzig.de
Fri Nov 26 19:28:07 EET 2021

I simply enjoy using mplayer under Cygwin, in particular for some opus
based radio streams. Since a few weeks mplayer version 1.3 fails with
these for some unknown reason. I found a mplayer.exe binary of version 1.4
for 64bit Windows which in turn works with the abovementioned opus
streams. So I thought I build 1.4 under cygwin, but got the problems
mentioned in the subject line.

I of course can use the Windows command line to run version 1.4 from now
on. However, I think there is some improper platform detection mechanism
in the sourcecode of 1.4, which assumes to have Windows instead of Cygwin.
I am not an experienced C programmer to really locate the problem.

Do you suggest to crosscompile mplayer 1.4 under MinGW for Cygwin?

Thanks for your comment - UD