[MPlayer-cygwin] Basic help needed...

Lostgallifreyan z.crow at btinternet.com
Wed May 13 20:03:40 CEST 2015

Ok. Sorry, I reacted on assumptions of my own, fighting an old fight I don't want to..
While I can't contibute adequate code in context, I will dig out my own mouse and key handling stuff later, and post it, in case it helps. Another assumption: Mplayer presumably has bits that detect Windows and define specific chunks of code appropriate, to avoid direct conflicts of method between Windows and everything else, particularly interprtations of control codes. As far as I can tell, some of the things I'd suggest (like direct detection of CTRL key down) are already used in Mplayer, it's not passing them through for a user to intercept though.

One nice thing about W98 is it encourages standard API methods, most of which never changed much since in any Windows. It's not exactly cross platform, but the resuts are very portable within Win32. Most of the stuff Microsoft state needs WXP or later does not, most of it in in API refs since 1995, they just refer we do not remember this. :) If they went back as far as DOS I'd be happier, but on these matters I defer to the Philospoher Jagger.

Got to eat and rest first, but a few bits of API code to follow later tonight.

(13/05/2015 14:38)