[MPlayer-cygwin] Basic help needed...

Lostgallifreyan z.crow at btinternet.com
Wed May 13 14:45:17 CEST 2015

compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:
(13/05/2015 13:05)

>On Tue, 12 May 2015 03:40:21 +0100
>Lostgallifreyan <z.crow at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> brain-blind frustration is the LAST person you want contributing
>
>i misunderstood your skill level.

No you didn't, you just assumed, and like many people, assert that if we want coding done we must do it outrselves. Well, I have news for you. I already do. Coding a multitimbral phase modulation synthesiser to rival anything Yamaha ever built is something I really DO, so perhaps you can revise your 'estimation of skill level'.

The real issue is priority. Also, context. Knowing how to write one thing well, does not qualify anyone to do so in an obviously new situation. I've mentioned the API and its ability to test key presses, also the mouse button events. THis is not rocket science, especially to you. Despite this, these issues remain in Mplayer after a very long time. If they haven't been sorted after all this time, maybe they never will, and you can't pin that on newcomers who don't instantly want to code for you.

>> has recent builds that run on W98. I'm using the latest one. The
>
>windows 98 user, that explains a lot of things.

Ah, 'that perception'. Sheer prejudice. It tells you NOTHING. Actually it should tell you that someone, anyone, is capanle pof maintaining that OS in a useful, productive state. Don't go judging what you don't know.