[MPlayer-cygwin] Error compiling Mplayer: in libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.o

Eugene Kovgar ken20001 at ukr.net
Thu Jul 29 22:45:18 CEST 2010

Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:27:24 +0300 було написано Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 06:35:20PM +0300, Eugene Kovgar wrote:
>> Now I've uninstalled libvorbis-1.3.1 package and finally Mplayer
>> compiled successfully with GCC 4.4!!! So the problem is in libvorbis
>> package. May be it needs some patch or something to compile MPlayer
>> with it without errors. Any suggestions?
>
> Did you maybe somehow compile it as decoder-only?
> I might be that we don't check that properly and just assume
> libvorbis always provides both de- and encoding.
> And honestly, MPlayer comes alread with two vorbis decoders,
> a decode-only libvorbis is rather pointless for it IMO.

No, I've recompiled it several times and different versions: 1.3.1 and
1.2.3. The result is the same.
Configure options was:

./configure --prefix=/home/Eugene --disable-shared
--with-extralibdir=/home/Eugene/lib
--with-extraincdir=/home/Eugene/include CFLAGS=-DPTW32_STATIC_LIB

And I red in many sites that built-in vorbis decoder is with worse quality
than external libvorbis, so it is not pointless.

So, I think the problem is in Mplayer or in GCC-compiler or... may be
someone can add another reason of why that error appears.
Of course it would be great for me to build player with libvorbis as all
other packages seems have no problems in MPlayer.
Any suggestions? :)