[MPlayer-cygwin] Default OSD font

On behalf of Karisha Baccus johnbrown_105 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 17:09:19 CET 2010

Hello All,

MPlayer shows the OSD even though I have not set up subfont.ttf.
According to 'mplayer -v',
get_path('fonts') -> 'C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/johnbrown105/mplayer/fonts'
(right now I am in a MSYS shell so this path corresponds to $HOME/
mplayer/fonts, but it does not matter where I am.) This folder does not even
exist.

My compile prefix is c:/mingw/local. $PREFIX/etc/mplayer/ is empty.
$PREFIX/bin/mplayer/ exists but contains only config. $PREFIX/share
does not have an mplayer folder.

How does MPlayer select a font when it has not been told which font
to use?

Regards,
Alias John Brown.