[MPlayer-cygwin] Question about SDL and other output devices

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon May 4 15:58:42 CEST 2009

On Mon, 04 May 2009 16:13:54 +0300, Eugene Kovgar wrote:
>Hello. My first question is what really is SDL output device and does it have some advantages over the DirectX?

sdl is a wrapper that uses whatever is availible (directx, direct3d, gl,
gl2 etc)

>Second. Dosn't working Direct3D video output in Mplayer:

it should. what version of windows are you using? what mplayer version?

><vo_direct3d>Copying frame to the backbuffer failed.
>
>What do you think this might be bad videocard driver or something wrong in compilation?

driver or old mplayer or some stupid video program running in the
background causing a conflict (tv viewing app or vista dock app?)

>And third. Problems with winvidix output too. Dhahelper.sys (with MTRR) is installed.
>
>vidixlib: PROBING: radeon
>[radeon] Found chip: Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]
>vidixlib: radeon probed o'k
>vidixlib: will use radeon driver
>vidixlib: Attempt to initialize driver at: 0043D880
>Unable to map the requested memory region.

no idea

-compn