[MPlayer-cygwin] Does somebody knows, where Mplayer looks for fontconfig file by default?

Eugene Kovgar ken20001 at ukr.net
Wed Apr 29 01:13:11 CEST 2009

> Apply folowing patches:
> fontconfig-2.6.0-cachedir.diff
> fontconfig-2.6.0-fix-dst.diff
> fontconfig-2.6.0-mplayer-fconfdir.diff
> from
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
> to fontconfig-2.6.0
>
> and
> xx_fontconfig_noconf_nocrash.diff
> from
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
> to mplayer
>
> copy contents of "/etc/fonts" to "fonts" folder in folder where
> mplayer.exe is located.

Ok. I understood. But would you explain me what actually each of the patches does (and some others below)?

fontconfig-2.6.0-cachedir.diff -
fontconfig-2.6.0-fix-dst.diff -
fontconfig-2.6.0-mplayer-fconfdir.diff -

xx_fontconfig_noconf_nocrash.diff - this, as I understood, makes so that in cast not finding fonts.conf file by Mplayer it is not crashes and starts playing without fontconfig?
xx_fontconfig_verbosecache.diff -