[MPlayer-cygwin] Problem detecting pthread in several packages... (cannot find -lpthread)

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:31:22 CEST 2009

Eugene Kovgar <ken20001 <at> ukr.net> writes:

> Eugene Kovgar <ken20001 <at> ukr.net> writes:
>

> > Milen Manev <mmanev <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >

> > > I have no idea why x264 configure script does not use environment
> > > variables CFLAGS and LDFLAGS

Maybe they want to make sure that you do not override any special compiler
flags that they require.

> Well, it helped, but only in x264 package. In some other packages I tried
> to  use CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS after ./configure - command. But It
> is hot  helped:

Set the environment variables *before* the configure command:
CFLAGS=-I/home/Eugene/inlcude LDFLAGS=-L/home/Eugene/lib ./configure ...

You need to be concerned about overriding the default CFLAGS. Because
libvorbis is a codec, you probably do not want to disable optimisations.
If they do not provide an --extra-cflags or something similar, another
way to achieve this would be:

CC='gcc -I/home/Eugene/include -L/home/Eugene/lib' ./configure ...

Regards,
Alias John Brown.