[MPlayer-cygwin] Problem detecting pthread in several packages... (cannot find -lpthread)

Eugene Kovgar ken20001 at ukr.net
Mon Apr 20 18:47:16 CEST 2009

Milen Manev <mmanev <at> gmail.com> writes:

> For x264
> pass to configure script
> --extra-cflags="-I/home/Eugene/inlcude" --extra-ldflags="-L/home/Eugene/lib"
> (I assume that when you compile pthreads you set prefix=/home/Eugene)
>
> I have no idea why x264 configure script does not use environment
> variables CFLAGS and LDFLAGS

Milen, look what I got:

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/Eugene --enable-avis-input --enable-pthread --
extra-cflags="-I/home/Eugene/include" --extra-ldflags="-L/home/Eugene/lib"
Platform:   X86
System:     MINGW
asm:        yes
avis input: yes
mp4 output: no
pthread:    yes
debug:      no
gprof:      no
PIC:        no
shared:     no
visualize:  no

You can run 'make' or 'make fprofiled' now.

It works. Interesting why it is not detects automatically. And this happened
not only only in x264 package, but in all packages that may support pthread.
So, as I understood, can reconfigure all packages adding:

--extra-cflags="-I/home/Eugene/include" --extra-ldflags="-L/home/Eugene/lib",

and problem will be solved?

By the way. May be those above I can set with export-command, so It not will be
needed to ad them confiruring each package?
P.S. A have an old processor (K6-II). Whether the problem could be because of
this?
Many thanks.