[MPlayer-cygwin] Can't compile NUT (nut-SVN-r517.diff fails)

Eugene Kovgar ken20001 at ukr.net
Wed Apr 8 18:40:32 CEST 2009

Milen Manev <mmanev <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I can't apply nut-SVN-r517.diff patch ro nut tarboll which I downloaded from
> > svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/src/trunk:
> >

> > $ patch -p1 < nut-SVN-r517.diff
> > patching file config.mak
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 7.
> > 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file config.mak.rej
> > patching file libnut/demuxer.c
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 13.
> > 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libnut/demuxer.c.rej
> >
> > So I can't make NUT at all! Please help!
>
> Which is your  revision of nut?
> When I tried with SVN revision 661(got last week) I receive following:
>
> $ patch -p1 < nut-SVN-r517.diff
> patching file config.mak
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 7 with fuzz 1.
> patching file libnut/demuxer.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 13 with fuzz 1.
>
> Actually patch changes "cc" to "gcc" in config.mak
> and "ftello" to "ftello64" in libnut/demuxer.c
>
> Apply patch by hand if it fails.

Hello, Milen.
Revision downloaded from svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/src/trunk is 661. Don't
understand why the same revision and different results with patching (?) I'm a
newbie using MinGW, MSYS and aspeccially bash. So I don't understand sintax and
structure of diff files or patches at all. I tried to indentify why the patch
is not working, but finally nothing... I would be grateful if you gave me the
link which describes the syntax of patches and to program for their creation
(under Windows).

By the way I have problem whith other package that compiled well but was
identified by Mplayer configurator as "no". It was: libdv-1.0.0 and
fontconfig-2.6.0. The thing is xx_fontconfig_check.diff and
xx_pthread_static.diff patches are not working too :( So іf you agree to help
me, I will show you parts of configure.log file for this two packages to
determine the cause of the problems.
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.