[MPlayer-cygwin] Does -slave work on Windows 98?

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Wed Oct 10 23:25:52 CEST 2007

El Martes, 9 de Octubre de 2007 23:29, Thomas Plank escribió:
> RVM (rvm3000 at ya.com) wrote:
> >> Or I can offer you a version if you want.
> >
> > I would appreciate.
>
> Here you are:
> http://www.student.tugraz.at/thomas.plank/mplay.rar

I tested your build and it might work. I'm not sure, 'cos it's a funny
situation, I can't see or hear anything. I can't hear anything because Win98
doesn't recognize my sound card, and I can't see anything because the only vo
that worked with other builds was gl2, and it seems your build doesn't have
support for it.

Anyway, using null for both audio and video, I think it works. smplayer gets
the output from mplayer and I think slave commands also work, at least the
time slider seems to work properly.

I asked in my forum to real win98 users to test it. But there's a problem. It
seems your build is compiled with some CPU extensions:

CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
205 [main] mplayer 575199 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION
1317 [main] mplayer 575199 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
MPLAYER.EXE.stackdump

Will it be possible to get a similar build but compiled with runtime CPU
detection?

--
RVM