[MPlayer-cygwin] Does -slave work on Windows 98?

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Thu Oct 4 14:05:25 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:43:21AM +0200, RVM wrote:
> I'm developing a mplayer front-end using the Qt libraries (smplayer). So
> theorically it should work too on Windows 98.
>
> But I've been reported that smplayer doesn't work properly under Windows 98
> and Windows ME.
>
> I installed Win 98 in a virtual machine, and indeed the problem seems that
> mplayer ignores (or doesn't get) the slave commands. I tested with another
> GUI (MPUI) and it has exactly the same problem.
>
> Tested several mplayer builds, including 1.0rc1, with the same result.
>
> Is this a bug in mplayer, or simply it's a limitation of those versions of
> Windows?
> --

/*
 * w9xpopen.c
 *
 * Serves as an intermediate stub Win32 console application to
 * avoid a hanging pipe when redirecting 16-bit console based
 * programs (including MS-DOS console based programs and batch
 * files) on Window 95 and Windows 98.
 *
 * This program is to be launched with redirected standard
 * handles. It will launch the command line specified 16-bit
 * console based application in the same console, forwarding
 * its own redirected standard handles to the 16-bit child.

 * AKA solution to the problem described in KB: Q150956.
 */

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/PC/w9xpopen.c

Bye
--