[MPlayer-cygwin] -ss and -endpos not exact

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Thu Dec 27 14:10:57 CET 2007

TAJTHY Tamás schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for myselft... This was extremly lame... :-(
>
> I will try something like this:
>
> mknod fifo p
> mencoder ... vpass=1 ... -o xTest.avi fifo&
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -ss $time1 -endpos $len1 -o fifo patch.avi;
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -ss $time2 -endpos $len2 -o fifo patch.avi;
>
> Unfortunatelly it seems cygwin does not handles the fifo perfectly... If it is
> empty it appears as a fifo (pwrx------ fifo), but if I write somethint to it ti
> appears twice as normal file. Anyway I don't know what happens if the first fifo
> writer process finish its work. Will the reader process stop?
>
> Does anybody have better idea? Maybe somehow I could use the /dev/fd/n methode?
> Has anybody experience on this topic?
>
> Thanx in advance!
>
> TT

Hi TT

Maybe you can use the win32-based frameserver AviSynth for streaming the
frames you are interested in into MEncoder. Some work was made to get
this working. Get a MinGW binary from
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php and get some descriptions from
doom9 forum, e. g. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133114.

A tool for writing the AviSynth script is e. g.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=129385&highlight=mencoder

A short example script for cutting out commercials is given in the
AviSynth documentation
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Script_examples#Example_1:_Cutting_out_commercials.

Hope this helps

Stefan