[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder doesn't compile with xvid under cygwin

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Fri Dec 7 12:50:01 CET 2007

El Viernes, 7 de Diciembre de 2007 10:33, DEF escribió:
> On Dec 7, 2007 3:45 AM, RVM <rvm3000 at ya.com> wrote:
(...)
> > > /usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.a(plugin_2pass1.obj):plugin_2pass1.c:(.text+
> > >0x215): undefined reference to `__errno'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make: *** [mencoder.exe] Error 1
> > >
> > > I tried with xvidcore 1.1.3 and 1.1.0. The same problem with both.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to fix that error?
>
> Well yes.  look at what the 5th elemement on your howto says.
>
> 5. Get Xvidcore (1.1.0) from <http://www.xvid.org/downloads.html> and
>    install it. At build/generic directory say:
>

>      ./configure && make && make install cp *mv
> /usr/local/lib/xvidcore.a /lib/libxvidcore.a*
>
> after make install you should *not* apply this command. "mv
> /usr/local/lib/xvidcore.a /lib/libxvidcore.a "
>
> Normally I do not do that any more. and BTW, that guide is quite old. it
> first appears on the mailing list more than 2 years now. a lot has changed
> since then.

If I don't rename xvidcore.a to libxvidcore.a then the mplayer configure
doesn't find xvid (at least with the --enable-static option, I haven't tested
without it).

(If compiling with mingw instead of cygwin, the configure does find it, but
then the binary depends on xvidcore.dll, so I also had to rename it to avoid
it).

Anyway I finally fixed the problem by editing src/plugins/plugin_2pass1.c and
commenting the line:

DPRINTF(XVID_DEBUG_RC, "Error closing stats file (%s)", strerror(errno));

--
RVM