[MPlayer-cygwin] STOP mencoder

TAJTHY Tamás tajthy at mailbox.hu
Wed Dec 5 14:25:51 CET 2007

Hi,

I use mencoder under cygwin (on XP) and I have a little bit annoying problem.
Sometimes I need to temporarily pause the run of mencoder. If I press Ctrl-S it
stops the mencoder (as I know this disables mencoder to write to stdout so this
pauses mencoder indirectly), but this is a manual interaction. I'd like to stop
it from a shell script. I tried "kill -STOP PID_of_mencoder", but it does
nothing. With ps I can see that it is stopped, but it continues writing to the
console. I waited 2 minutes, but it was still running (writes to the screen and
CPU is on 100%). I also tried "kill - TSTP PID" with the same result...

Can anybody help me how can I pause mencoder gracefully (and release again) from
a script? What am I missing???

Thanks in advance!

TT
_____________________________________________________________2 személyes INGYENES korfui útat is nyerhetsz!