[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Testers needed for -vo gl under Vista

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Apr 9 22:16:47 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> to anyone who wants the issues to be fixed, I need someone who can
> compile MPlayer and test patches.
> Attached is a patch that might make -vo gl actually display something.
> I was reading the VirtualDub blog, and it seems Vista just doesn't
> update windows as long as there is still a DC allocated - and MPlayer
> for simplicity always keeps one.
> Note: I did not even test for compilation.
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

ReleaseDC(..) takes 2 parameters instead of one (hWnd and HDC). After adding the
hWnd, it compiles fine.

I am running Vista Business on a Athlon XP 2600+ with a ATi Radeon X800 Pro.
-vo gl did work for me before this patch, and as far as I can see nothing
changes after applying. So maybe this "black window" problem is only relevant
for Nvidia models.

The OpenGL support from ATi on Vista is quite bad currently, which causes video
playback to be kind of slow motion. I hope the issue will be fixed soon by ATI.

Frank