[MPlayer-cygwin] cdda enabled and "disabled" at the same time with libcdio

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:41:39 CEST 2006

This is a minor, cosmetic matter.

I wanted to be able to play CDs with MPlayer. cdparanoia cannot be built
with MingW/MSYS, so I installed libcdio-0.77. It does not compile all the
way (lib/udf/udf_time.c does not compile because struct timespec is not
defined), but libcdio_paranoia is built and installed. The resulting MPlayer
can play CDs with cdda://.

However, my list of enabled and disabled optional drivers looks like this:
  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp network tv live555 CDDA dvdread dvdnav
    Codecs: qtx x264 xvid amr_wb amr_nb libavcodec real win32 faad2 libmpeg2
liba52 mp3lib libtheora speex tremor(internal) twolame gif
    Audio output: dsound win32 mpegpes(file)
    Video output: winvidix cvidix md5sum directx gif89a pnm jpeg png
mpegpes(file) opengl tga
    Audio filters:
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream pvr radio tv-v4l2 tv-v4l1 CDDA mpdvdkit2 vcd dvb smb
    Codecs: libdv xanim faac musepack libdts toolame libmad liblzo
    Audio output: sun alsa openal jack polyp esd arts oss ivtv dxr2 nas sdl
    Video output: xvidix bl zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 sdl vesa fbdev svga caca
aa g
gi xmga mga dga xvmc xv x11 dfbmga directfb tdfx_vid s3fb tdfxfb 3dfx
    Audio filters: ladspa

Notice that cdda appears in both lists.

I have attached my configure.log  and the stdout and stderr ouput
(configure.txt) of my configure command, which is:
CFLAGS=-fomit-frame-pointer LDFLAGS=-ldvdcss ./configure --prefix=/mingw
--enable-static --enable-debug=3 --enable-menu --enable-gui --disable-sdl
--enable-dvdnav --with-codecsdir=codecs
--with-livelibdir=c:/progra~1/multimedia/mplayer/svn/live --disable-ass >
bugreport/configure.txt 2>&1

By the way, setting LDFLAGS did not work. I still have to manually add
-ldvdcss to config.mak.